Cook with Bob at the Balmoral Show 2013
Take part in the Cooking Demonstration at the Balmoral Show. We have three tantalizing recipes for you to try.
Sainsbury’s Free Range Spanish Tortilla
With Jersey Royals, Roasted Sweet Pointed Red Peppers & Boilie Goats Cheese
2 Free range eggs
50gm Jersey Royal potatoes cooked in lightly salted water
1 Sweet pointed red pepper
3 Boilie goats cheese pearls
Coriander freshly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Roast the pepper in the hot oven until well charred on the outside then remove to a bowl and cover with clingfilm.
3. When the pepper has cooled scrape off the skin and then cut into even sized cubes.
4. Thickly slice the potatoes.
5. Whisk the eggs and season generously with sea salt and freshly milled black pepper.
6. Stir the coriander into the mixture.
7. Heat a small frying pan over a moderate heat then add the potatoes and peppers.
8. Fry gently for 2 minutes then add the egg mixture.
9. Shake the pan and gently move the mixture to start to cook the tortilla.
10. As the egg mixture begins to set add the goats cheese pearls cut in half.
11. Pop the tortilla into the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes until set and golden on top.
Sainsbury’s Free Range Scotch Egg Selection
With Crushed Tomato Chutney
8 Free range eggs
550gm Pork sausagemeat
100gm Black pudding
50gm Plain flour
50gm White breadcrumbs
200gm Vine tomatoes blanched and peeled
50gm Shallots peeled and finely chopped
50ml White wine vinegar
½ Red chilli seeded and finely chopped
1. Place 6 of the eggs in cold water, bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Refresh and shell the eggs.
3. Mix 150gm sausagemeat with the crumbled haggis and split into 2
4. Mix 150gm sausagemeat with the crumbled black pudding and split into 2
5. Halve the remaining sausagemeat.
6. Press out the sausagemeat patties.
7. Place an egg in the middle of the patty and shape around.
8. Whisk the remaining eggs and season.
9. Pass the eggs through flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
10. Shape and chill until required.
11. Preheat the oven to 160ºC
12. Preheat the deep fat fryer to 170ºC
13. Deep fry the eggs until golden then place into the oven for 10 minutes.
14. To make the chutney bring the vinegar and sugar to the boil.
15. Add the shallot and chilli then simmer for 5 minutes.
16. Add the prepared tomatoes and simmer for a further 25 minutes.
17. Check and adjust the seasoning when cooled fold in the chopped coriander.
Baby Leaf Salad with Poached Sainsbury’s Free Range Eggs
Bacon, Cherry Tomatoes & New Potatoes
With Grain Mustard, Honey & Red Wine Jam Jar Dressing
2 Free range eggs
25ml White wine vinegar
50gm Baby salad leaves washed and dried
10 Baby plum tomatoes
50gm Smoked streaky bacon grilled
50gm Jersey Royal potatoes boiled in lightly salted water
¼ Small cucumber halved and seeds removed
2 Scallions trimmed and sliced
30gm Grain mustard
60ml Cabernet vinegar
60ml Cold pressed rapeseed oil
60ml Sunflower oil
1. Bring a suitable saucepan to the boil and add some salt and the white wine vinegar.
2. While the pan is coming to the boil mix the salad in a large bowl.
3. To make the dressing add all the ingredients into the jam jar screw on the lid and shake well to emulsify.
4. Dress the salad and place into your salad bowls.
5. Swirl the boiling water and place your egg into the middle of the whirlpool.
6. Poach gently for approximately 3 minutes.
7. Drain well and place on top of your salad then drizzle a little more dressing over the egg.